CMDSS Buddy Walk Annual Fundraiser
What is the Buddy Walk®?
The Buddy Walk® was developed by the National Down Syndrome Society (NDSS) in 1995 to celebrate Down Syndrome Awareness Month in October and to promote acceptance and inclusion of people with Down syndrome. The Buddy Walk® has grown from 17 walks in 1995 to nearly 300 walks today. Each year, more than $12 million is raised across the country and around the world to support local programs and services, as well as national advocacy and public awareness initiatives of NDSS that benefit all individuals with Down syndrome.
Central Mississippi Down Syndrome Society holds their Buddy Walk® in Jackson, Mississippi each October.
What is Central Mississippi Down Syndrome Society?
The mission of CMDSS is to provide support, education and advocacy for people with Down syndrome, their families and communities across Central Mississippi. Our vision is for a community where people with Down syndrome have limitless opportunities and the ability to pursue their dreams.
2017 Buddywalk Sponsors
Many thanks to the sponsors of our 15th Annual Buddy Walk!
- C Spire
- Irby Company
- Irby Construction Company
- King Heavy Equipment
- Mississippi Discount Drugs
- Mississippi Hospital Association
- Southern Farm Bureau Life Insurance Company
- Mississippi Council on Developmental Disabilities
- NUCOR Bar Mill Group
- Phil Moore Buick GMC
- Pollan Dobbs PLLC
- Merit Health
- In memory of Jon Peyton Thomas – Dickey and Sue King
- Atmos Energy
- Beyond Therapy – Physical, Occupational & Speech Therapy for Kids
- Colony Dental (formerly Carlisle Family Dentistry)
- Laskin Therapy Group
- Outlets of Mississippi
- Mississippi Tent & Party Rental
- Corner Bakery Cafe
- Watkins Construction
- Regions Bank
- OneMain Financial
- St. Dominic’s
- Statewide Federal Credit Union
- Jackson Yacht Club
- Time 4 Toys
- Mississippi Blood Services
If you or your organization is interested in sponsoring future Buddy Walks, please contact us.