- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
Provides resources and an online search tool to help parents connect with certified Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists
- National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders Clearinghouse
Conducts and supports research in the normal and disordered processes of hearing, balance, taste, smell, voice, speech and language
- Early Communication Skills for Children with Down Syndrome. Kumin, L. Bethesda, MD: Woodbine House. (2003)
- Kids Like Me…Learn ABCs. Ronay, L. Bethesda, MD: Woodbine House. (2009)
- Kids Like Me…Learn Colors. Ronay, L. Bethesda, MD: Woodbine House. (2009)
- Talking is Hard for Me! Encouraging Communication in Children with Speech-Language Difficulties. Reinert, L.N. Bethesda, MD: Woodbine House. (2013)
- The New Language of Toys: Teaching Communication Skills to Special Needs Children (Third Edition). Schwartz, S. Bethesda, MD: Woodbine House. (2004)
- Speech and Language Development and Intervention in Down Syndrome and Fragile X Syndrome. Roberts, J., Chapman, R., and Warren, S. Baltimore, MD: Brookes Publishing. (2008)
- Shott, S.R., Joseph, A., and Heithaus, D. “Hearing loss in children with Down syndrome.” International Journal of Pediatric Otolaryngology 1:61 (3): 199-205, 2001.
*Inclusion on this list should NOT be considered an endorsement of any kind by the Central Mississippi Down Syndrome Society, either expressed or implied. CMDSS families have recommended these resources, which are provided for informational purposes.